3 Life-Changing Podcasts You Need to Start Listening to Now.
“If you want to be powerful, educate yourself.”- Jeremy Gilvrey.
“Education’s purpose is to fill an empty mind with an open one.”- Malcom Forbes.
At the start of the new year I set some new goals for myself. One of those goals was to listen to at least one new podcast per week and read one new book per month. This has no longer become a goal, yet a healthy and necessary habit. I never thought I’d become a podcast person, until I decided to give it a chance. Swapping trash radio for podcasts during my morning commute has truly become one of the best and most beneficial habits I’ve developed.
Podcasts have opened up my mind to a whole new world of information and knowledge I never thought possible. I’ve found myself laughing, crying and sharing my podcast recommendations with just about anyone who’s willing to listen. Podcasts have become a driving force in developing my mindset, habits and routines.
So, if you would like to make some positive life-changes and fill you mind with a plethora of new knowledge and information, here are my top 3 podcast recommendations you absolutely must listen to:
1. THE TIM FERRISS SHOW
I had to list this as number one, because it is without a doubt, my favourite podcast show. The Tim Ferriss show usually sits at number one as the best business podcast on all of apple podcasts. It has been ranked as number 1 out of 500,ooo + podcasts on many occasions.
In each episode, Ferriss deconstructs world-class performers from various industries to extract the tactics, tools, habits and routines you can implement in your daily life. This includes morning routines, workouts, time-management skills, favourite books and much, much more.
Some of my favourite episodes have included:
- Tony Robbins on Morning Routines, Peak Performance and Mastering Money.
- Terry Crews on How to Have, Do & Be All You Want.
- Reid Hoffman on The 10 Commandments of Start-Up Success.
- Vince Vaughn on How to Fear Less.
- Joe Gebbia on Founding Air BnB.
- Brandon Stanton on The Humans of New York and 25 Million + Fans.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on Psychological Warfare.
- Debbie Millman on How to Design a A Life.
- Ann Miura-Ko on The Path From Shyness to World-Class Debater & Investor.
- Maria Shapova on Mental Performance, Work-Life Balance & The Rise To The Top.
2. THE GARY VEE AUDIO EXPERIENCE
Gary Vee is an entrepreneur, CEO, investor, vlogger and public speaker. The Gary Vee Audio experience is ranked in the top 100 iTunes Podcast and features a variety of #AskGaryVee show episodes, keynote speeches on business and marketing, interviews and current thoughts.
Gary Lee is real and raw and his approach is refreshing and inspiring.
Notable episodes include:
- Ray Dalio, Billionaire Investor.
- Tim Ferriss (you may sense a pattern here).
- Hundreds of videos of motivational content posted on a daily basis.
Listening to Gary Lee first thing in the morning is a sure way to get fired up and get your head into the game!
3. TED TALKS
Ok, so I know this isn’t exactly classified as a specific podcast per say, but TED talks have become an endless source of knowledge and inspiration for me. TED talks are short and sharp presentations from speakers presenting well-informed ideas about a plethora of topics. They are generally restricted to 18 minutes and the speakers have been carefully selected via a stringent application process.
My top 3 favourite TED talks are:
- Amy Cuddy on Your Body Language May Shape Who You Are
- Tony Robbins on Why We Do What We Do
- Tim Urban on Inside the Mind Of A Master Procrastinator
THE POWER OF PODCASTS
What are some of the podcasts you enjoy listening to? Are there any particular podcasts which have had a profound impact on you? I would love to hear your thoughts and recommendations- please leave your comments below!