Setting boundaries is an important part of establishing our own identity. Boundaries are essential in ensuring that we achieve our goals. They are a crucial aspect of our mental health and wellbeing.
According to Positive Psychology, a boundary is “a limit or space between you and the other person; a clear space where you begin and where the other person ends.” Boundaries can be in a physical form or an emotional form.
As someone who used to be a people pleaser, I have learned the hard way the negative impact of not having clear boundaries. The feeling of burnout, disappointment and resentment would consistently come up for me. I would constantly find myself feeling frustrated for some of the meetings / invitations / requests I had accepted, and wish I hadn’t.
In this solo podcast episode, I share my 5 key strategies to creating boundaries and how to say no gracefully. I cover:
- How to create a framework and personal policy for setting boundaries.
- The process and value of creating a not-to-do list.
- 5 key things which I am unapologetically saying no to, and how to say no gracefully.
- How to consider your future self when deciding what to say yes and what to say no to.
- My system for calendarising the tasks and commitments which are important to me.
You can listen to the full episode by searching for The Boss in Heels Podcast on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music or iHeart Radio. You can listen directly below:
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review The Boss in Heels Podcast!