To call Janey Martino an overachiever is an understatement. After starting a successful PR company at age 25, the serial entrepreneur was involved with a number of startups as an early investor, advisor, and CEO. She developed a digital platform named Shout for Good, which pairs communities and causes together, which sold to ANZ in 2015. She’s authored a number of books, including the successful Thank You series and, most recently, a series of children’s books for Penguin.
Janey was a finalist in the Telstra Young Business Women’s Awards and a former board member of the Melbourne Football Club. Most recently, however, Janey is Chair and Co-Founder of the acclaimed Smiling Mind, a free meditation app for young people. Smiling Mind has millions of downloads and is used by a third of Australian educators.
In this episode, Janey and I discuss:
- How only five people believed in Smiling Mind, which has now been downloaded over 6 millions times
- How Smiling Mind increased their downloads over 500% in one year
- Janey’s perspective and strategies for dealing with failure and rejection.
- Mindset, habits and rituals Janey has deployed to support her success.
- Strategies for balancing motherhood with the demands of career and entrepreneurship.
You can listen to the full episode by searching for The Boss in Heels Podcast on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify, iHeart Radio or Amazon Music, or simply by clicking the link below:
You can learn more about Janey and what she is up to here:
Smiling Mind Website: https://www.smilingmind.com.au/
If you enjoyed this episode, please remember to subscribe, rate and review The Boss in Heels Podcast!