“Entitlement and lack of patience are the frameworks as to why people aren’t successful.”- Gary Vaynerchuck
“1% of things should be so hard that 99% of people don’t want it or have the stomach or talent for it.”- Gary Vaynerchuck
Last week I attended Success Squared, an event run by and for next level entrepreneurs. Led by the uncontested pioneer in the digital marketing space, Gary Vaynerchuck, this event was packed full of knowledge and information shared by leading entrepreneurs. The day finished with me sneaking in a selfie with Gary Vee himself, which sealed the deal for what was already an incredible and inspirational day.
In this blog post, I share the key lessons and takeaways from each of the speakers with you.
I hope you enjoy!
GARY VAYNERCHUCK, CEO & SERIAL ENTREPRENEUR
Gary’s key messages in his talk were:
- Ignore everything between clouds and dirt. Instead, you need a healthy dose of those extremes. The clouds- the high philosophy of what you believe and the dirt- the low-down subject matter expertise that allows you to execute against it. Forget about everything else
- Accountability is what leads to happiness
- Problems often lie in your attitude towards a problem
- Figure out how you are going to communicate to the world. Produce a high volume of content on Facebook. Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest & LinkedIn
- Video is the ‘holy grail’ but if video really isn’t you, don’t force it
- The internet is a place where the long tail gets rewarded
- Learn to get quiet in your own head away from everyone else’s judgement
- Put in work to create a community that will actually bring your audience value
- Influencer marketing is grossly underpriced. Ask influencers to take a photo with your product. Always negotiate the price
- Utilise instagram story swipe-up ads
- Provide contextual content that matters to the people who are seeing it
- Produce content that is relevant to each platform. Make content that will benefit your audience, not to fulfil your own selfish desires
- Focus on being the best on your platforms- don’t necessarily have to be the first
And for all of you asking what it was like to see Gary in person? His energy shifted the room and his power and presence was mind-blowing. He is genuine, authentic and truly has a passion for inspiring others to live their best life. Gary personally inspires and motivates me on a daily basis, so having the opportunity to hear him speak in person was an impactful and and memorable experience.
JANINE ALLIS, FOUNDER OF BOOST JUICE BARS
Janine’s Rules for Success:
- Always be the student
- There is always a solution
- Be accountable for everything- the problem is yours
- Do not settle for mediocrity- surround yourself with the best
- Embrace change- it is coming whether we like it or not
- If you are not failing you are not trying hard enough
- You are what you think you are
- Say YES
JT FOXX, WORLD’S NO 1 WEALTH COACH
“When your life has purpose, your journey becomes important, your visions start counting, your opinions start mattering. You’re absolutely born to have a purpose and have an impact on this world.”- JT Foxx
JT Foxx has been referred to as the world’s no.1 wealth coach. He is a speaker, serial entrepreneur, real estate investor and crypto currency miner.
JT Foxx’s Steps for Success are:
- Maximise your strengths
- Turn your weaknesses into strengths
- Mental toughness i.e. the ability to tune out life’s BS and go out there and do your thing
- Learn from your failures, be bothered by them and most importantly never repeat them
GREG SECKER, MASTER TRADER & ENTREPRENEUR
Greg Secker is a for trader and instructor. He has written several books including Financial Freedom Through Forex and Trading Your Way to Success. He has also founded companies including Learn to Trade, Capital Index and others.
Greg Secker says the 4 critical things you need to do are:
- Change your beliefs and expectations
- Make a commitment to surround yourself with successful money makers
- Set up the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ (if you write it down, it happens)
- Understand your identity
ADAM HUDSON, AMAZON EXPERT & AUTHOR
“If you don’t put your values and the cost of attention diversion into the equation, your mobile phone will steal your actual life, your actual relationships and very possibly your happiness”- Adam Hudson
Adam’s 4 steps to success are:
- Have a system to identify product opportunities
- Have an ability to visually differentiate
- Sell something that has demand
- Find a market that’s being under-serviced
KEY LEARNINGS FROM SUCCESS SQUARED
So there you have it- the key take aways from the Success Squared Event. If you have any questions or what any further information about the speakers or the event, please let me know in the comments below!