LEXY DOBBIN: BECOMING A WORLD CLASS TALENT MANAGER, DISRUPTING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY & NEVER TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER (EPISODE 09)
Lexy Dobbin is a highly successful Talent Manager, who started her career booking DJ’s for weddings and local bars. Her career took off when she landed a role with Ministry of Sound Australia as a Touring Coordinator. At just 23 years of age, Lexy became Ministry of Sounds first female talent agent. In this role, Lexy demonstrated exemplary leadership and innovation, and created the Corporate Division for Ministry of Sound.
Lexy is highly regarded for her exceptional work within the music industry. She is constantly seeking new ways to change, improve and disrupt. She has worked with her talent to headline major dance festivals globally, broker collaborations with other industry heavyweights and the end game? Clocking up millions of plays.
Lexy is an Expert Advisor for Coote Connex where she is considered a leading contributor and expert within her field. She is also the co-host of the Angels Who Whisper Podcast, a brand new podcast coming to iheart radio.
In this episode, we cover:
- Becoming an industry leader and Ministry of Sound’s first female talent agent.
- Strategies for getting ahead in your career, and ensuring you and your talent noticed by the right people.
- Having an unstoppable mindset and never taking no for an answer.
- Tapping into your intuition and utiliising it in business and life.
- Overcoming failure, obstacles and adversity.
You can listen to the episode here:
You can follow what Lexy and her talent are up to here:
Lexy Instagram: @lexydobbin
Coote Experts Instagram: @cooteexperts
GG Magree Instagram: @ggmagree
Red Light Management: redlightmanagement.com
Angels Who Whisper Podcast: @angelswhowhisper