MOTHER SPF was born out of necessity when Tandia Walsh’s mother was diagnosed with leukemia. After extensive research, Tandia searched high and low for a sunscreen that wasn’t filled with hidden toxins. When she couldn’t find one, she went on a four year journey to create one herself. Tandia, along with friend and marketing maestro Elle Peter, created and launched MOTHER SPF, the all-natural sunscreen that’s a force for good in the world… and for your skin.
MOTHER SPF’s mission is simple – to bring individuals who do not have hours to spend on sunscreen research, a stress-free and all natural sun protectant solution that is both conscious in evolution and production and is a complete first in the sunscreen world. The product is formulated differently from most sunscreens – it contains no preservatives and is made from pure ingredients which are unrefined and unchanged from the natural form.
In this wide-ranging, inspiring and insightful conversation, Tandia, Elle and I spoke about:
- The steps Tandia and Elle took to take MOTHER SPF from an idea to a product on the shelves.
- The importance of integrity, passion and persistence in business and in life.
- The negative impact of regular sunscreen on your body and on the environment.
- The importance of finding the right business partner, and strategies on how to build an effective partnership.
- Purpose-led businesses and why it’s important to just ‘do good’.
You can listen to the full episode here:
You can learn more about MOTHER SPF here:
If you enjoyed this episode, please remember to subscribe, rate and review The Boss in Heels Podcast!